The Computer Science Club has been in existence since 1931. The club was not officially part of the University of Waterloo, rather was a general interest club formed by a collection of interested individuals. The club joined the University of Waterloo shortly after the founding of the University in 1957. Much of the history prior to the creation of the University is unclear, as documents dating back this far have only recently been recovered.
The CSC Fire
It is believed that many of the documents describing the original club were destroyed when the original office destroyed by a fire at the then Waterloo University (now Wilfred Laurier University).