This is a mailing list used to allow employers and other organizations to reach CSC members and other interested students on an opt-in basis. Though messages to the list are moderated to reduce spam, the Computer Science Club does not necessarily endorse any of these organizations or their messages.
It is a one-way communication channel; if you are interested in the messages you should contact the sender via the email address or URL given. If you wish to discuss a message, you may do so in the uw.csc newsgroup.
If you have concerns about messages sent to csc-industry, you should contact the executive.
csc-industry Posting Guidelines
- The purpose of csc-industry is for posts that are not necessarily of general interest to club members and usually industry related. Including but not limited to job postings, conferences, industry-sponsored events, recruiting events, and "wanted" ads.
- csc-industry is _not_ for scams. Members should never have to pay to attend or receive more information about offers seen on csc-industry.
- Suggested information to include in any posting:
- job postings: start date, renumeration, type (co-op, full-time), location, company name, recruiter/contact name
- events: date, time, place, duration, sponsors
- Those wishing to post to the list will be told that the list is opt-in and may not necessarily include all csc members.
- It is up to the discretion of the club exec to decide what is appropriate for posting to csc-general versus csc-industry versus /dev/null.