How to IRC
1. Open up an IRC client, i.e. irssi. Launch irssi in a screen session, which you can return to later.
$ ssh taurine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca $ screen irssi
2. In irssi, connect to the freenode network and join our channel.
/connect irc.freenode.net /join #csc
3. Please set your nickname to your Quest ID so we know who you are.
You can register your nickname on the freenode network by messaging NickServ.
/msg NickServ REGISTER password email
4. Close your screen session, which you can return to later.
5. Return to your screen session. You will have remained connected to the channel.
$ ssh taurine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca -t "screen -r"