Ascorbic-acid is Sun Netra T1. Needs 'rootdelay=15' kernel argument to boot.
- Sun Netra T1
- 256MB RAM
- 2 × 20 GB Seagate hard drive, configured as a 34 GB LVM volume group
- Runs ssh on ports 21,22,80,442,443,8080 for user's convenience.
Caffeine is the Computer Science Club's primary server. It servers mail, websites, and a large amount of other services. It is a Linux container at present.
- currently hosted on glomag
- Intel Xeon E5405 @ 2.00 GHz
- 12 GB RAM
- eth0 ("Gb0") mac addr 00:24:e8:52:41:27
- eth1 ("Gb1") mac addr 00:24:e8:52:41:29
- IPMI mac addr 00:24:e8:52:41:2b
- 3 × Western-Digital 160GB SATA hard drive (445 GB software RAID0 array)
- Use eth0/Gb0 for the mathstudentorgsnet connection
Potassium-citrate is a dual-processor Alpha machine. It is on extended loan from one of our members. Needs 'rootdelay=15' kernel argument to boot. Might have bad memory, which needs to be investigated.
- Alphaserver CS20 (2 833MHz EV68al CPUs)
- 512MB RAM
- 36 GB Seagate SCSI hard drive
- 2 AMD Opteron 2218 CPUs
- 8GB RAM
- 136 GB LVM volume group
- Virtual machines
bit-shifter is caffeine's old body, reincarnated as an office terminal.
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
- 4GB RAM
- ASUS A8V-E SE Motherboard
- 2 × Seagate Barracuda 80GB ATA (150 GB software RAID0 array)
Maltodextrin is an office terminal; it used to be Bartle's Box of doom.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 GHz
- 2GB RAM
- Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard
- Seagate Barracuda 400 GB SATA hard drive
Natural-flavours is an office terminal; it used to be our mirror.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 GHz
- 2x1GB RAM
- 320 GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive
- ASUS P5L-MX Motherboard
- Jacob Parker's Firewire Card
- DVD Burner
- Has a large amount of space allocated to /video for ripping and editing video, primarily used in conjunction with our recording and archival of talks.
Sodium-citrate is an SGI O2 machine.
In order to net boot you need to set /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc to 1. When the O2 boots, hit F5 at the boot menu and type bootp():.
- SGI O2 MIPS processor
- 423 MB (?) RAM
- 2 × 2 GB hard drive
Strombola is our newest, shiniest office terminal and has a decent videocard suitable for work with graphics and rendering
- Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS
- Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L Motherboard
Strombola has integrated 6 channel sound and the office speakers are currently connected to it.
Strombola runs MPD for playing music. Control of MPD is available only to users in the "audio" group. Music is located in /music, a large local volume reserved for this purpose.
- Intel Pentium 4 2.67GHz
- 1GB RAM
- ABIT VT7 Motherboard
- ATI Radeon 7000
Acesulfame-potassium has 6 channel sound, but no speakers. The colors do not all match, though. Green is correct, but orange and black need to be swapped.
A laptop office terminal, that was purchased in Winter 2008 for $20 at the UW Surplus sale.
Power cable is broken, otherwise working.
Glucose-fructose is an office terminal.
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
- 2x1GB RAM
- ASUS M2V-MX Motherboard
- ATI Radeon X300SE
A Mac Mini donated by a member. We plan to use it with our new digital cutter.
Romana is a BeBox that has been in the CSC's possession since long before BeOS became defunct.
- 2 PowerPC based procccessors
- Stylish Blinken processor-load lights
The following systems may only be accessible to members of the Systems Committee for a variety of reasons; the most common of which being that some of these machines host Kerberos authentication services the the CSC.
Artificial-flavours is our backup server. It used to be an office terminal.
- Intel Celeron 3.2GHz
- 2GB RAM
- Biostar P4M80-M4 Motherboard
Ginseng is our file server.
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180
- 8GB RAM
- Intel S3000AHV Motherboard
- 4 × 640 GB Western-Digital Caviar Blue in RAID 10 behind a 3ware 9650SE RAID card.
Glomag is a newish server (as of Fall 2009) which hosts caffeine. Only syscom are allowed to SSH in here directly, though SSH to caffeine is permitted to all members.
- Intel Xeon X3450 @ 2.67 GHz
- 6 GB RAM
Sodium-benzoate is our mirror server, funded by MEF.
- Intel Xeon Quad Core E5405
- 16GB RAM
- 4TB RAID-5 array (8 * 750GB)
A recently acquired Symbolics XL1200 Lisp machine. dseagrav [at] lunar-tokyo.net wants us to drop him an email if we ever get it running, or anybody ever dumps the ROM images from it.
http://www.globalnerdy.com/2008/12/03/symbolics-xl1200-lisp-machine-free-to-a-good-home/ for some history on this hardware.
Currently inoperable due to (at least) a missing console cable.