There is a general meeting scheduled for Friday October 19, 2007.
- Making sure people are aware of stuffs about burning/giving out linux
- ceo stuffs, signing up new members...
- answering random peoples' questions: SQL hosting, lending books out,
upgrading to new Ubuntu, installing Ubuntu (on tablets? lol)
- Machines we have... for what... with what... stuffs...
- Concerns/Ideas for making the CSC less hobo (Come with clear, planned out
as much as possible, ideas, so we can get concrete plans for the term)
- Koha, and library stuff, this includes updating library, need book
- Do we still want to be an ACM Chapter? It seems it's an
important thing for previous members, but not at all for current members. What're the pros and cons? (Cons include paperwork and paying dues)
- Online ceo front-end?
- Dumbterm vs. Smartterm: title bout
- What do we have in terms of visions and goals for the CSC? We are currently running
one of the only two Stratum One NTP Servers in Canada; we are now also the official Canadian Ubuntu mirror, and considering running our own Tor Node. There are concerns over too much effort being spent on gratuitous slashdotting. The CSC may soon have a gigabit internet connection. If university official hobos are obstructive, we should get that solved somehow; in the meantime, we'll discuss how we're limited now, why, what we're planning to do about it, and what's probably going to happen. Sieg Heil!
- Relevant to above, can we plan something big-ish, that would make us
super-awesome and semi-famous for a while and stuff? In addition to making the CSC awesome, it would also give us some clout, and we could actually get a little respect 'round here.
- Throw out cans and stuff after use, stop leaving it around, please
try keep CSC clean.
- Virtual machines for clubs
- gum-arabic and calum
Events this term
- Latest on Walter Bright and Michael Geist?
- We wants Install-fest & Linux-Awareness Week, (especially considering
new Ubuntu coming out), how exactly has it been run in the past, how do we go about doing it this term? (Are we getting those CDs? when we get them, it would be a good idea to do this)
- Same as above for Unix 101 / 102
- Anyone willing to organize programming contest?
- CSC project day?
- What the f*** do you guys want from MEF exactly? - Okay, I know, the 2
mirror machines, want details, and making sure they're not hobo at all, we have enough hobo shit,we need to work on some quality machines now... =) + any other stuffs
- Who should I ask for money? Sandvine, OpenText have been suggested,
but ideas are welcome, as well as if anyone knows anyone specific in companies to contact, for easier trixing... ;)
- About that larger poster for recruiting purposes... can anyone do
something artsy, I fail...
- Librarian Midnight Party 7pm Sunday?
- We're going to grab the old database from wherever and update it and
figure stuffs out.
- Let's sort our current books.