Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are the day-to-day policies for running the CSC Office. They are set down by the Office Manager or, should there not be a current Office Manager, by the Secretary.
- There must be an office staff member present in the office at all times when it is open.
- Don't scare people away from the office.
- If someone leaves their terminal unlocked, don't do anything that might get them angry at you. Don't violate their privacy.
- Small practical jokes are allowed.
- Desks and wheely chairs are primarily for use with office terminals; if you are sitting in/at one and are not using the terminal, anyone may kick you out to use the terminal.
- If you leave your terminal and don't announce that you're coming back, or are gone for more than 5 minutes, someone else can take it.
- No sleeping in the office.
- No sleeping with other people in the office.
- No playing games in the office unless for the purpose of an assignment or if you are writing one.
- This rule may be relaxed outside of business hours, if the office is not being kept open solely to play games and if the games are not interfering with or annoying people with better things to do.
- The office is not your locker; don't leave things here.
- The office is not your pantry; don't leave food here, especially if it contains common allergens.
- Clean up your rubbish.
- The stapler may be used only inside the office.
- The office phone is primarily for club business. You may use it for emergencies and brief calls, but do not use it excessively or to conduct business.
- Don't play music when you aren't in the office. It's OK to leave with music queued up.
- Don't interfere with others' music without asking them, unless they have left.
- During business hours, music must be kept at a reasonable volume.
- If someone is causing minor trouble (breaking the rules, making people uncomfortable, or the like), the office staff on duty should attempt to resolve the situation.
- If the issue persists or the office staff member is unwilling to step in, they should contact the Office Manager (or, if necessary, Campus Police).
- Any significant incidents, including harassment, must be reported to the Office Manager. Office staff should not attempt to deal with these on their own.
(Business hours are 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM)