In light of the orwellian nightmare we've built ourselves into, now is a good time for the CSClub to pick up the slack it usually picks and teach people how to be safe out there.
Topics, and slides
This information is fuzzy and subject to change. Do not trust it.
sharvey, m4, and nguenthe are adminning this term's series
- sharvey on Why Should You Care About Privacy
- [email@example.com Stephen Palmateer] of KWLUG on Tor
- nguenthe on OTR -- or IanG if we can get him!
- nablack and m4farrel with a security demo + open ended question session
- m4farrel on Secrets of a DDoS
- wlritchi on Reversing protocols and pnwing ur phone
- mtrberzi on GPG and with a keysigning party to boot
- IST Security:
WPIRG wants to cross-promote a "privacy forum" with us. They are imagining as an expert panel + QA session, during November. Some ideas for expert participants:
* Ian Goldberg (sharvey) * Michael Geist * ???? * Terry Labach (this sort of thing is, actually, directly within his job description)