In light of the orwellian nightmare we've built ourselves into, now is a good time for the CSClub to pick up the slack it usually picks and teach people how to be safe out there.
Topics, and slides
This information is fuzzy and subject to change. Do not trust it.
sharvey, m4, and nguenthe are adminning this term's series
- sharvey on Why Should You Care About Privacy
- [firstname.lastname@example.org Stephen Palmateer] of KWLUG on Tor
- nguenthe on OTR -- or IanG if we can get him!
- nablack and m4farrel with a security demo + open ended question session
- m4farrel on Secrets of a DDoS
- wlritchi on Reversing protocols and pnwing ur phone
- mtrberzi on GPG and with a keysigning party to boot
- IST Security:
WPIRG wants to cross-promote a "privacy forum" with us. They are imagining as an expert panel + QA session, during November. Probably the ideal distribution is csc events on the technical side ("how to shot pgp", "how to make tls go", "wat is passwurd") with WPIRG on the human-scale and politics side, with advertising to both of our cohorts for all events. Some ideas for expert participants: