Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are things that syscom should do eventually:
- Prepare for `sodium-benzoate` upgrades/replacement.
- new-mirror has like 30 disk shelves so we can just do a live sync on the 2TB disks and then insert the 4TB ones
- Establish remote syslog
- Get UPS monitoring working across multiple systems
- `/users` backups
- Disaster recovery plan
- Put backup container for authentication onto cobalamin
- Get an IP/KVM for the machine room which doesn't suck?
- Sort through keyboards in the office
- Clean up wiki vandalism
- Fix debian.csclub, aka our personal Debian repo which serves the CEO package
- Fix ceo versioning, which seems to be different on every machine it's installed on...
- Fix audio auth: audio is both a system group and an LDAP group and this has bad consequences for audio authorization
- Centralized repo for various configs: NFS, PAM auth with kerb, /etc/hosts/, LDAP and Kerb5, routing/interfaces files
- LDAP login is currently broken on glomag, it is password with root only
- Private subnet routing is broken on every machine except corn-syrup (see 'ethcrazy')
- Update hosts list (10.15.134.WTF?)
- MySQL backups
- Update the following wiki pages
- Ceo, also related to "debian.csclub is broken"
- somehow merge Conserver/Serial Connections/Console Configuration
- Machine List
- Music and possibly link to Pulseaudio
- MySQL mentions a-f replica
- NFS/Kerberos should probably by merged with an existing page
- Netboot (might want to merge with New CSC Machine)
- OID Assignment and UID/GID Assignment should be merged with LDAP and replaced with a redirect
- Merge Point Of Sale and Point of Sale System
- Merge Sun 2900 and Sun 2900 Strategy Guide
- Add more info to Switches
- Webcams needs a serious update
When in the Machine Room
- Set up binaerpilot.
- Set up rainbowdragoneyes
- Pick up paperclip to install a new OS
- Locate electrons
- Electrons, aka the giant power bar, is sitting somewhere *near* the rack. I can't remember why it was taken down. -ehashman
- Make sure that the IPMI/console connections are correct, up-to-date, and working.
- Fix psilodump's and aspartame's IPs and routing
- psilodump should not be routable outside aspartame. This is currently accomplished by fuckery. This *should* be fixed to use the net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_filter sysctl.
- Look into expanding /scratch and using RAID using spare disks in the office.
Science Machine Room
- Set up remote syslog2