Termcom/Saturday 5 March 2022
Termcom members in attendance
r389li, a268wang, d9hui, dzlin, j2767wan, r4tandon (👋), s7raviku
Tasks completed last week
- merenber and r389li recompiled Kerberos 1.17 for focal and bullseye. Cloud machines and office terminals now mount the
/usersdirectory successfully from NetApp.
Tasks for the week
- a268wang and d278liu will continue working on Merlin and migrate the prometheus VM to the k8s cluster
- dzlin will fix sorbitol again (more errors)
- j2767wan will continue looking into how to make the Visual Editor on this Wiki work
- r345liu will fix the last failing project (Apache IIRC) in mirror-checker
- r345liu will also make an Alpine image for CloudStack, using
CloudStack Templatessomething he found on GitHub (hmm sus)
- r389li/merenber will look into and fix the I/O errors on focal (related to NetApp mounting).
- r389li will also convert the Ceph mount on Machine List#Cloud Cloud machines to a systemd.mount so NGINX won't try to start (and fail) before its FS is mounted
- s7raviku will upgrade coffee to Bullseye, taking care to first backup the VM and ensure Postgres data is migrated to the new database
Description: Join CSC's Systems Committee (syscom) for an introductory series on GNU/Linux!
4 talks this term, the rest in the future.
Unix 101 - SSH & Bash/CLI
Location: In-person, room TBD
Date/Time: Friday March 18th, 2-3pm
- j2767wan: SSH - 15 mins
- dzlin: bash and basic CLI commands - 30-40 mins
Unix 101 - FS/Perms & vim
Location: Online (Twitch)
Date/Time: Saturday March 26th, 2-3pm
- s7raviku: FS/perms
- r345liu: vim
Syscom mailing list moderator