Ascorbic-acid is Sun Netra T1. Needs 'rootdelay=15' kernel argument to boot.
- Sun Netra T1
- 256MB RAM
- Stratum 1 NTP server (planned)
- Runs ssh on ports 21,22,80,442,443,8080 for user's convenience.
Caffeine is the Computer Science Club's primary server. It servers mail, websites, authentication and a large amount of other services. It is located in MC 3015.
- Directory services with OpenLDAP
- Authentication with Kerberos
- Club and member web sites with Apache
- [[|Debian_Repository|CSClub packages repository]]
- Intel Xeon E5405 @ 2.00 GHz
- 12 GB RAM
- eth0 ("Gb0") mac addr 00:24:e8:52:41:27
- eth1 ("Gb1") mac addr 00:24:e8:52:41:29
- IPMI mac addr 00:24:e8:52:41:2b
- Use eth0/Gb0 for the mathstudentorgsnet connection
Potassium-citrate is a dual-processor Alpha machine. It is on extended loan from one of our members. Needs 'rootdelay=15' kernel argument to boot. Might have bad memory? Needs to be looked into.
- Alphaserver CS20 (2 833MHz EV68al CPUs)
- 512MB RAM
Sodium-benzoate is our mirror server, funded by MEF.
- Intel Xeon Quad Core E5405
- 16GB RAM
- 4TB RAID-5 array (8 * 750GB)
Taurine is the CSC's newest system as of Spring 2007. It runs multiple virtualized systems. It is located in DC 3558.
- 2 AMD Opteron 2218 CPUs
- 8GB RAM
- Talks mirror
- Virtual machines
bit-shifter is caffeine (the old main server)'s old body, reincarnated as an office terminal.
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
- 4GB RAM
- ASUS A8V-E SE Motherboard
Maltodextrin is an office terminal; it used to be Bartle's Box of doom.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
- 2x2GB+1x1GB RAM
- Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard
Natural-flavours' is an office terminal; it used to be our mirror.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
- 2x1GB RAM
- ASUS P5L-MX Motherboard
- Jacob Parker's Firewire Card
- DVD Burner
- Has a large amount of space allocated to /video for ripping and editing video, primarily used in conjunction with our recording and archival of talks.
Sodium-citrate is an SGI O2 machine.
In order to net boot you need to set /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc to 1. When the O2 boots, hit F5 at the boot menu and type bootp():.
Strombola is our newest, shiniest office terminal and has a decent videocard suitable for work with graphics and rendering
- Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS
- Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L Motherboard
Strombola has integrated 6 channel sound and the office speakers are currently connected to it.
Strombola runs MPD using a unix socket for connections. You need to set your MPD_HOST environment variable to /var/run/mpd/sock. The socket is only accessible by users in the audio
- Intel Pentium 4 2.67GHz
- 1GB RAM
- ABIT VT7 Motherboard
- ATI Radeon 7000
Acesulfame-potassium has 6 channel sound, but no speakers. The colors do not all match, though. Green is correct, but orange and black need to be swapped.
Glucose-fructose is an office terminal.
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
- 2x1GB RAM
- ASUS M2V-MX Motherboard
- ATI Radeon X300SE
- Office webcam
A laptop office terminal, that was purchased in Winter 2008 for $20 at the UW Surplus sale.
Power cable is broken, otherwise working.
A Mac Mini donated by a member. We plan to use it with our new digital cutter.
Romana is a BeBox that has been in the CSC's possession since long before BeOS became defunct.
- 2 PowerPC based procccessors
- Stylish Blinken processor-load lights
The following systems may only be accessible to members of the Systems Committee for a variety of reasons; the most common of which being that some of these machines host Kerberos authentication services the the CSC.
Artificial-flavours is our backup server. It used to be an office terminal.
- Intel Celeron 3.2GHz
- 2GB RAM
- Biostar P4M80-M4 Motherboard
- Backup authentication and directory services
Ginseng is our file server.
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180
- 2GB RAM
- Intel S3000AHV Motherboard
- /users via NFS
Glomag is a newish server (as of Fall 2009) which hosts caffeine. Only syscom are allowed to SSH in here directly, though SSH to caffeine is permitted to all members.
- Intel Xeon X3450 @ 2.67 GHz
- 6 GB RAM
- See caffeine
A recently acquired Symbolics XL1200 Lisp machine. dseagrav [at] lunar-tokyo.net wants us to drop him an email if we ever get it running, or anybody ever dumps the ROM images from it.
http://www.globalnerdy.com/2008/12/03/symbolics-xl1200-lisp-machine-free-to-a-good-home/ for some history on this hardware.
Currently inoperable due to (at least) a missing console cable.