Jump to navigation Jump to search
To set up printing to the MathSoc printer, do the following steps:
- Go to the Brother site and grab the cupswrapper and lpr drivers.
- Install cups.
- Install the drivers with dpkg. You may need to use --force architecture on a 64-bit machine; don't worry, the package is actually arch-independent.
- Go to http://localhost:631/. Go to 'Add Printer'.
- Once it finishes, looking for printers, ignore the ones listed (they forward through MathSoc) and click 'Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)'.
- Enter ipp://lp-mc3038.mathsoc.uwaterloo.ca/ipp as your connection.
- Set the default name options (a name of "MathSoc" is what I used; with a description describing the costs.
- Select the Brother make, and either of the MFC 9770CDW drivers
- For default options, make sure that Color is set to Mono and Two-sided printing is set to Long-edge.