Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are things that syscom should do eventually:
- Prepare for `sodium-benzoate` upgrades/replacement.
- new-mirror has like 30 disk shelves so we can just do a live sync on the 2TB disks and then insert the 4TB ones
- Establish remote syslog
- Get UPS monitoring working across multiple systems
- `/users` backups
- Disaster recovery plan
- Put backup container for authentication onto cobalamin
- Get an IP/KVM for the machine room which doesn't suck?
- Update the wiki
- Sort through keyboards in the office
- Clean up wiki vandalism
- Fix debian.csclub, aka our personal Debian repo which serves the CEO package
- Fix ceo versioning, which seems to be different on every machine it's installed on...
- Fix audio auth: audio is both a system group and an LDAP group and this has bad consequences for audio authorization
- Centralized repo for various configs: NFS, PAM auth with kerb, /etc/hosts/, LDAP and Kerb5, routing/interfaces files
- LDAP login is currently broken on glomag, it is password with root only
- Private subnet routing is broken on every machine except corn-syrup (see 'ethcrazy')
- Update hosts list (10.15.134.WTF?)
When in the Machine Room
- Set up binaerpilot.
- Make sure that the IPMI/console connections are correct, up-to-date, and working.
- Fix psilodump's and aspartame's IPs and routing
- psilodump should not be routable outside aspartame. This is currently accomplished by fuckery. This *should* be fixed to use the net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_filter sysctl.
- Look into expanding /scratch and using RAID using spare disks in the office.
Science Machine Room
- Set up remote syslog2