The CSC office staff have the following responsibilities:
- Follow the Office Policies.
- Participate in Office Cleanup.
- Adding new members (fees into blue-lid container in treasurer drawer).
- Updating memberships (fees into blue-lid container in treasurer drawer).
- Answer questions.
- Ask new people their names.
- Ensure that the CSC remains an inviting environment.
- Keep the office open as much as possible.
- Keep the office clean at all times.
- Shame people for leaving their stuff around.
- Make sure the fridge is always full of pop.
- Empty out the paper recycling bin.
- Empty out the blue recycling bin.
- Promote discussions about computer science.
The office staff should be aware of:
- The IRC channel: #csc on irc.freenode.net. See How to IRC.
- Printing can be done through MathSoc from the office terminals, or through uprint using any computer (submit a job for "Hallway across from MC 3035" for the printer by the vending machines).
- The office group, homedir, and mailing list.
- The audio group. See Music.
- How to use ceo.
- syscom and exec emails.
- How pop works.
- How to use ssh.