Point Of Sale
CSC pop crediting / point of sale project.
- sqlite db with Kerberos taking care of permissions?
- Pro: easy
- Con: potential for concurrency fail on NFS http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5
- web service that runs on Caffeine and stores things in a MySQL db?
- Pro: allows for web UI admin. Python makes such a service easy to code.
- Con: security, complexity, dependence on Caffeine and MySQL.
- hammer into ceo, or have a ncurses based standalone app on office terminals that talks to back-end db
Front-end / UI
Enroll cards and associate them with users. Scan a card, get back userid.
Add ability to transfer funds to a user's account. Scan a card, display a balance, show a large button that decrements balance when pressed.
Scan a card, display a balance, show buttons representing purchase options, decrements balance correctly based on price of button pressed. Polished UI and sane timeout values.
Ready for (at your own risk) member use.
Fix bugs and security flaws. Implement any nice-to-have features. Ready for general member use.
- Barcode reader for headless scan&go purchase
- Logging for purchasing metrics and bug tracking